Housekeeping and Things to Come


This week features and little housekeeping and update on what is happening around here.

So originally I was planning to talk about The Fall Part 2 : Unbound, but it's not really doing it for me. It's nowhere near as good as the developer's first outing, The Fall, with more convoluted puzzles, weaker combat and blander story. All areas where the first one are excellent. It looks nice, but the rest is quite middle of the road. Definitely not worth twice the price the original.

Hmmm. Guess I ended up talking about it anyways.


Songbringer was also on the docket but it's a bit longer than I expected and I want to play more before giving an opinion. Also they dropped a large patch half-way through my play so I have a bit of before/after affect (the patch did make it better though). It supports bit sized play which makes it easy to fit in among other games, which is nice. Thoughts on this one will be coming down the road at some point.

I keep poking at Pyre bit by bit. I'm enjoying what I've done so far but I really just need to commit to giving it a hard number of hours rather than dabbling. I love Supergiant Games other works (Bastions, Transistor) and this one is shaping up nicely too. So again an article on on Pyre will just pop up when I finish it.

BUT!
(That's a big but.)

Next week starts a new A to Z run on A2Steam here. Yay! It kicks off with 80 Days and then continue to roll through the alphabet. There will be two things different from the last run through, first I will sometimes be playing multiple games for a single letter entry, I just have too many good games that I want to give a go. Second is that my format for reviewing will be a bit more organized. I've been a bit scattershot in the articles lately in presentation and I want to tighten it up more and make it a better read. Third (wait, didn't I say two things?), for longer games I will not be pushing myself to complete them in a week, mostly because work has picked up a lot and I just don't have the time. So for long games the review will be split into multi-week articles as I progress through the game. Here is a little preview of some (probably) of the games to appear in this run.


Finally I want to say a big thanks to everyone who keep checking in and reading these articles, your support is appreciated. And I know it's trite to say, but please feel free to comment or make suggestions either here or over on the Facebooks.

Cheers!
Chris




Comments