12 Days of Christmas - Day 12 : Subnautica


For those who have been reading this blog since the start of the year, well based on what I've put in my best games so far, you might have guessed that Subnautica, one of the first new games of 2018 I played. After jumping hard into the game in January and realizing what a treasure it was I knew the rest of the year was going to have some stiff competition. Now most of the games I have played this year were not 2018 releases so sometimes comparing older games to newer fresher ones and playing during their zeitgeist can really affect how one compares them. But after having most of the year to reflect on it Subnautica still takes the cake this year with all the amazing things it has to offer, exploration, discovery, crafting, beautiful visuals, sound design and a good story too! As I write this I am actually considering maybe giving the game a second play through in the new year...


Comments